Water has many health benefits including helping you lose weight. Sugary drinks, on the other hand, can lead to long-term weight gain which can increase your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, tooth decay, and a number of other health conditions. One 20-ounce bottle of soda can contain over 70 grams of added sugar. For better health, choose water instead.
Below are seven reasons to drink more water.
- Drink a glass every morning to help you wake up and be more alert.
- Drink a glass with each meal to help keep you from overeating and help you lose weight.
- Drink plenty of water and save both money and calories in sugary drinks.
- Drink water to help prevent kidney stones and urinary infections.
- Drink water when you exercise to prevent dehydration.
- Drink water to help maintain normal bowel function.
- Drink water to help keep your skin looking good.