For this year’s holiday party, try this healthy eggnog. Made with coconut milk and almond milk instead of unhealthy heavy cream, this eggnog lets you enjoy a holiday treat without guilt.
2 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 cinnamon stick
3 whole cloves
3 allspice berries
4 egg yolks
1 tsp ground nutmeg, plus additional for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut milk, vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves and allspice over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, with a handheld electric mixer, whip the egg yolks until they are light yellow.
- With a whisk, whisk constantly, and gradually add about 2 cups of the warmed milk mixture into the egg yolks.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the remaining milk mixture and whisk to combine. Heat the mixture for 5 minutes, but do not boil. (Boiling will curdle the milk.) Remove from the heat. In a sieve, strain out whole spices. Whisk in the nutmeg.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Top with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg, if desired.
- 1/2 cup
Calories: 158 / Fat: 12g / Saturated Fat: 6g / Cholesterol: 104mg / Sodium: 73mg / Carbohydrates: 8g / Fiber: 0g / Protein: 2g
Copyright 2016-2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Leave a Reply