This berry and mint dish is refreshing on a hot day or all year round. You can add citrus fruits as well. Partners well with yogurt and granola or my favorite chia-see Kefir. Also, no problem substituting honey for the cane/coconut sugar.
J. Brittany Ray, Health and Nutrition Educator
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 pint of blackberries
- 1 carton of strawberries, stem removed and sliced
- 1 lemon
- 3 oranges
- 2 teaspoons pure cane sugar or coconut sugar
- Fresh Mint
- Wash, rinse, and dry the berries. Set aside.
- Zest and juice the lemon and oranges into a large mixing bowl.
- Add berries to the bowl and toss together.
- Chop up a handful of mint.
- Sprinkle mint and sugar on berries.
- Toss and set aside 10 minutes at room temperature.
Leave a Reply