The Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC)’s Accessible Dispatch program is making it easier than ever to connect with wheelchair accessible taxis in all five boroughs. Here are five facts you’ll want to know about the program, which helps individuals with disabilities access the city like never before.
- The TLC first launched the Accessible Dispatch program in 2012 with 233 accessible cabs in Manhattan. There are now more than 2,000 green and yellow wheelchair accessible vehicles taking trips across New York City.
- Service animals are permitted in all TLC-licensed vehicles. You never have to pay extra for a service animal, or for any accessible service in a TLC-licensed vehicle.
- The Accessible Dispatch team includes New Yorkers with disabilities, and all of the program’s dispatchers are here to help you! If you need a ride, call 646-599-9999, 311, or 711 for NY Relay; visitwww.accessibledispatch.com; or download the app: Accessible Dispatch NYC.
- The Accessible Dispatch NYC app is available on both iOS and Android devices. The app is a great way to book a trip – you can select the right vehicle for you, contact a dispatcher through the app, and even track your taxi when it’s on the way to your pickup.
- Accessible Dispatch offers pickups in all five boroughs! Book your trip today!
You can learn more about the Accessible Dispatch program at www.accessibledispatch.com, and we always welcome your feedback! Visit www.accessibledispatch.com/feedback-riders to give us feedback about your trip.
Leave a Reply