- ¼ cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups packaged prewashed fresh spinach
- For glaze, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine apple jelly, soy sauce, thyme, lemon peel, and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 60 to 90 seconds or just until jelly is melted, stirring once. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through the broiling time and brushing with the remaining glaze during the last 5 minutes of broiling. Discard remainder of glazed used as a brush-on.
- Meanwhile, coat an unheated large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add apple, onion, and garlic to hot saucepan. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the reserved 2 tablespoons glaze; bring to boiling. Add spinach; toss just until wilted.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast half crosswise into 6 to 8 pieces. Divide spinach mixture between 2 dinner plates. Top with sliced chicken.
Tip: You can substitute ½ teaspoon dried thyme (crushed) for 2 teaspoons fresh.